- 2 weeks ago
- 3 weeks ago
Disney’s unbuilt plans for a America theme park, located in Prince William County, Virginia. The idea was announced in 1993 with Bob Weiss as the creative developer of the park. It was described as a theme park designed to show the past, present and future through history and experiences for all ages!
The themed of lands of America would include:
- Civil War Village: This would be the hub of the park and feature shops and restaurants.
- Native America: Explores the life of America’s first inhabitants and pays tribute to the cultures of Native American tribes. It would feature interactive experiences, exhibits, arts and crafts, and a white water raft ride based on Lewis and Clark adventures!
- President’s Square: This would celebrate and pay tribute to those who have served defending democracy and our nation and would feature a replica of WDW’s Hall of Presidents.
- Civil War Fort: Guests could explore the fort and it’s interactive elements as well as watch civil war battle reenactments as well as water battle reenactments.
- Ellis Island: Guests could understand what it was like for an immigrant to pass through Ellis Island in a time accurate experience with music, ethnic foods and a live show!
- Enterprise the factory town: Explore what the industrial revolution was like in the US by viewing technological advances of the time and by riding an Industrial Revolution E Ticket roller coaster.
- Victory Fields: Experience what it was like for soldiers to defend their freedom during the world wars and looking through the airport with hangars and viewing airplanes from different time periods and viewing flight demonstrations. There would also be flight simulators based on America’s military fights.
- The State Fair: A 30’s style state fair with folk art exhibits, a live show on baseball and wooden rides like Coney Island.
- Family Farm: Shows different farming techniques and what it takes to farm food through hand on experiences such as milking cows and learning what homemade ice cream tastes like.
The project was eventually scrapped due to Disney disputes with the people of Virginia but not all of these concepts were lost. Some were but into Disney’s California Adventure. These concepts are very neat and the idea of a theme park based on America is an interesting and unique idea. What’s your thoughts?
(via vintagedisneyparks)Source: indianajonesadventure
- 1 month ago